Every tax preparer and accountant somewhere along the lines needs to have a fundamental basic understanding of bookkeeping in order to ensure they are using the correct numbers when preparing a tax return or otherwise presenting financial information to their client.
Introduction and Terminology
- Understand who a bookkeeper is and what their role is
- Learn about the Chart of Accounts, and what Debit and Credit entries are
- Discover what T accounts are, and see them used in various examples
- Understand what different accounting methods can be used and their differences
- Review different Financial statements and learn about their key elements